SBFspot is an open source project to get actual and archive data out of an SMA®
inverter over Bluetooth or Ethernet (Speedwire®
) It should work on either Linux (Raspberry Pi
) and Windows.
What it does
SBFspot connects via Bluetooth or Ethernet to your SMA®
solar/battery inverter and reads Archive Day/Month Power generation, user/installer events and the actual (spot) data. The collected data is stored in a SQL database and SMA®
compatible .csv files.
A separate service/daemon uploads the collected data to PVoutput.org
Known bugs and limitations
For a list of known bugs, consult the
page. If you find a bug, please create an
Special thanks to:
S. Pittaway: Author of
"NANODE SMA PV MONITOR" on which this project is based.
W. Simons : Early adopter, main tester and SMAdata2® Protocol analyzer
G. Schnuff : SMAdata2® Protocol analyzer
T. Frank: Speedwire® support
Snowmiss: User manual
All other users for their contribution - in any form - to the success of this project
SBFspot is a free tool, developed during personal free time. If you like it, consider a donation.
If you click on the button below, you will be taken to the secure PayPal Web site. You don't need to have a paypal account in order to make a donation.
Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)
In short, you are free:
- to Share => to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix => to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or Licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
A user of SBFspot software acknowledges that he or she is receiving this software on an "as is" basis and the user is not relying on the accuracy or functionality of the software for any purpose. The user further acknowledges that any use of this
software will be at his own risk and the copyright owner accepts no responsibility whatsoever arising from the use or application of the software.
SMA, Speedwire are registered trademarks of
SMA Solar Technology AG