Connection problem

Topics: 5. Support
Nov 11, 2014 at 8:26 AM
SBFspot -scan finds the inverter (same MAC as SMAspot), but SBFspot -finq returns "CRITICAL: bthConnect() returned 10051"
Other Bluetooth devices work fine, as does SMAspot
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Nothing?
Have there been changes in the connection software between SMAspot (2.0.6a) and SBFspot (3.0.2)?
I can'understand either why -scan would work and -finq fail.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Edited Nov 14, 2014 at 10:00 AM
MIS_Enabled has been introduced, but this is used when connected...
Can you post some verbose output (-d5 -v5)

Try also to unplug/plug your BT dongle if possible (not built-in)
or run this in cmd box:
netsh winsock reset
Nov 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
The problem had finally nothing to do with SBFspot itself
I had modified and checked the cfg file with my usual editor (UltraEdit32) and it showed the correct MAC address
type SBFpot.cfg gave 00:00:00:00:00:00, as did notepad
So I put the correct data in, saved the notepad file elsewhere, deleted the old one and moved the new one (which is exactly what I had had to do with UEdit…)
But this time it works.
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:28 AM
dear,

if you have this file still available can you post the SBFspot.cfg file that did show the 10051 problem

if you have an std-out file (add options -d5 -v5 in the command line) when execution SBFspot
note: if you encounter an error with SBFspot it is good pratice to reexecute the SBFspot with these options in the CommLine

about the reason that scan does allwaays work
  • this is because the command -scan is used to identify all BT-devices that are found in your environment
a command line without -scan does rely on the address in the cfg file

the purpose of the option -finq is to have a method to bypass the control on the sunrise-sunset period
note: without the command -finq SBFspot will not interogate an inverter when it is certainly dark

kr wim
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:37 AM
No, as I wrote, the problem did not come from the program but from my editor, that led me to believe that the .cfg was correct.
I have several BT devices, and -scan reports only one of them (which I know to be the right one, since it worked with SMAspot).
The .cfg that caused the 10051 error had a 00:00:00:00:00:00 address, no wonder it did not work.