Update from V302 to V303

Topics: 2. Documentation
May 30, 2015 at 9:50 AM
My search on this site did not yield an instruction how to update from V302 to V303.
Am I overlooking something or should I use the document <SBFspot 3.0.x to 3.0.2 update procedure.pdf> with the necessary modifications?
Coordinator
May 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM
If you're already using V302, I suppose you followed the "SBFspot 3.0.x to 3.0.2 update procedure", and you can just recompile 303 (on raspberry or extract 303 if you're on windows)
If you want, you can upgrade to V308 (https://sbfspot.codeplex.com/releases/view/615288) It's beta, but safe to use.
Jun 2, 2015 at 10:19 PM
could you please give me the link of "SBFspot 3.0.x to 3.0.2 update procedure" as I couldn't manage to find anywhere. I'm on 303 currently but having C109 error, so need to update - as advised in an other thread - but I only have very limited Raspi/Linux experience...

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2015 at 1:53 PM
You don't need this document! It's only to alter the db schema for v302
Just update to version 3.0.8 (Issue 109 is fixed in this version)
Jun 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Yeah, that's my plan, but I do not know how to compile/update from v303 to v308, exactly... Is it safe to use install doc only and overwrite?
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Make a backup of your config file to be sure...
Refer to the quick reference guide: https://sbfspot.codeplex.com/releases/view/612778
Start at "Download and copy sourcecode to /home/pi/sbfspot.3"
to "sudo make install_sqlite"

Replace SBFspot_SRC_300_Linux_Win32.tar.gz with SBFspot_SRC_308_Linux_Win32.tar.gz

That's all!
Jun 9, 2015 at 5:57 AM
Everything is working properly now. Thank you for your help and keep up with the good work!
Jun 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Thanks for the instruction SBF. I have now upgraded from V302 to V308 as well and see the actual data coming in the /home/pi/smadata/2015 directory.
However, the upload to PVoutput does not seem to work. I have stopped and restarted the upload daemon but still no fresh data are displayed in PV output.
Any idea what could be the cause?
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM
@Bramland
Things to check: inverter time and configuration.
Please add an SBFspot logfile (-v5 -d5) and the configuration file (SBFspotUpload.cfg)
Also the logfile of the upload daemon
Jun 17, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Just now I have sent you by PM the most recent log- and config files.
The inverter time is Ok. Not sure where to check the inverter configuration but it looks correct as well since the data are coming in allright and are correctly passed on to Domoticz that runs and displays the results on the same machine.
The problem seems to be with the upload daemon that does not let itself be started again and thus produces no logs anymore.
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM
What's the output of
cat /var/log/syslog | grep SBFspotUploadDaemon
Jun 18, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Edited Jun 21, 2015 at 4:40 PM
That command gives no output:
pi@domoticzpi ~ $ cat /var/log/syslog | grep SBFspotUploadDaemon
pi@domoticzpi ~ $
But I have now restored a backup of my system from two months ago and both the renewed update from V302 to V308 as well as the upload to PVOutput work fine since then.

Therefore issue closed as far as I am concerned.
Thanks for the assistance.
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM
OK, so you're back on 302... There are no changes to the upload daemon between 302 and 308.
Did you try the obvious (reboot)?

The command cat /var/log/syslog | grep SBFspotUploadDaemon should be done right after the execution of the daemon (to see it's error messages)
Jun 23, 2015 at 9:27 AM
After restoring my system backup I updated again from 302 to 308 and this was succesful.
Also the upload daemon worked but only for a day and a half.
Yesterday the upload has suddenly stopped working again.
I rebooted the system at 09:48 without success.
I stopped/started the daemon by hand at 10:10 without success.
The cat command now gives the following output:
pi@domoticzpi ~ $ cat /var/log/syslog | grep SBFspotUploadDaemon
Jun 23 09:48:27 domoticzpi SBFspotUploadDaemon: Exit signal received.
Jun 23 09:48:46 domoticzpi SBFspotUploadDaemon: Child process created.
Jun 23 10:10:50 domoticzpi SBFspotUploadDaemon: Exit signal received.
Jun 23 10:11:37 domoticzpi SBFspotUploadDaemon: Child process created.
However it looks as though this upload issue is not related to the 202>208 upgrade.
So maybe I should start a new topic for this problem?
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2015 at 12:25 PM
It looks like there is no issue with the daemon as it starts/stops correctly (Stop=Exit signal received. / Start Child process created.)
If no upload happens, there is no data to upload. Something might be wrong with the DB or with the cronjob
What is the output of crontab -l and crontab -u pi -l
If you want, you can send me a private mail with your SQLite database file (SBFspot.db) - I can have a closer look at it
Jun 24, 2015 at 8:38 AM
Output of both crontab -l and crontab -u pi -l (last 2 lines):
# m h  dom mon dow   command
*/5 5-23 * * * /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspot -v > /dev/null
I have sent you a PM with the SBFspot.db.
Jul 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM
I'd like to chip in into this discussion. I have the same issue. Since the beginning of July my SBFspotUploadDaemon has decided to stop uploading.

I did notice that when I tried to execute the vwPVoData view:
sqlite3 SBFspot.db
select * from vwPvoData;
returned:
Error: database or disk is full
Could that be related?
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Could that be related?
No, check diskspace, not only where SMAspot.db is located, but also your temp dir (/var/tmp)
What's the output of 'df -h' ?
Jul 12, 2015 at 8:18 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2015 at 8:26 PM
I checked the diskspace... and /var/tmp. No problems there. In the end I decided I needed my stats more than I needed the upload DB, so in the end I decided to recreate the DB and my System started uploading again....

Would be a nice enhancement if we could get more log output out of SBFspotUploadDaemon because imho it logs only the nice flow where the system tries to upload to pvoutput.org. ...
Jul 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM
In the meantime I have again reinstalled a system backup of some three months ago which returned me to SBFspot V302 and a working Upload daemon.
Subsequently I updated SBFspot again from V302 to V308 which went fine and now keeps on uploading for about a week or so. Fingers crossed it stays like that.