Monitor SBFSpotUploadDaemon

Topics: 5. Support
Nov 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM
During a reboot I found out two days later that SBFspotUploadDaemon did not start...now I was trying to set up Monit to monitor the Daemon but I don't see a pid-file...I guess there are no pid file for the daemon.

Do you have any idea how to monitor it ? Same with SBFspot maybe ?

I do have the line in rc.local as the docs says but it did not start anyway. Found out when pvoutput was missing the values for two days.
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2015 at 8:54 PM
Maybe the daemon didn't start due to an error? See for more info in logfile and syslog
The pid-file will be implemented in the next release; more info here
Nov 13, 2015 at 10:58 PM
grelle wrote:
During a reboot I found out two days later that SBFspotUploadDaemon did not start...now I was trying to set up Monit to monitor the Daemon but I don't see a pid-file...I guess there are no pid file for the daemon.

Do you have any idea how to monitor it ? Same with SBFspot maybe ?

I do have the line in rc.local as the docs says but it did not start anyway. Found out when pvoutput was missing the values for two days.
Have you checked there was no .out file left in the /tmp directory ? When starting, then daemon create a SBFspotUploadDaemon.out file
I already had the problem after an unplanned restart of the Pi but all was fine after deleting the file