Migration from sma-tool (sma-bluetooth)?

Topics: 1. General, 2. Documentation, 3. Feature Requests, 5. Support
Nov 9, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Hi,
Thank you for working on this software and for releasing it open source.

I have used a different software with similar functionality for several years, but it has stopped working with newer Linux software and the program appears to not be being updated or maintained any more, so I'm looking for alternatives.

I have several years worth of data in a mysql database created by the other software.

I wondered if there might be any support/advice for migrating data from that database structure into the database for this program? I know this might be a long-shot, but there may be other users wanting to move too.

Is there documentation as to the database format used by this program?

Can sbfspot re-upload data to PVoutput.org to ensure there are no gaps? (within the access limits set by that webpage)

Best Wishes,
A
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2016 at 2:23 PM
Should be possible and seems to be a good idea... I don't have the db structure. If you can provide it along with some sample data, I can give it a try.
The upload daemon will upload all the missing data (within the limits of pvoutput - 15days in general)
Nov 14, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Hi, Thank you for the quick and positive response. I'll get some sample data to you, but it may be after this week before I get chance.
Ta,
A
Dec 5, 2016 at 9:19 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2016 at 8:37 PM
Hi,
Sorry for the delay. Could you confirm what format the data sample would be best in for you? sql dump using phpmyadmin, so various options including sql, csv etc. Also could you email me a way I could send it to you privately? Would you like a day or a week or what?
Ta,
A
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2016 at 9:03 PM
No need to have a full dump of the database. Only the tables with a few records should be OK. You can send it to
Dec 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM
Wasn't going to dump the whole database, just a sample. Will email. Thanks.A