backup of root sd card

Topics: 5. Support
Mar 28 at 7:42 AM
hi there,

yesterday something went wrong with my pi2 card it seems. Now I have a backup of the pi root folder where i can find :

can i simply copy this back in order to skip setting up sbfspot again, or is this just a bit too simple put by me ?

thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Mar 28 at 8:33 AM
You need also the libraries (.so files) for bluetooth-boost-sqlite...
So, all the sudo apt-get install are required.
The rest you can copy (no need to re-compile)
To avoid this I made an image of the complete SD card and a backup of the .db file on a daily basis
Mar 28 at 8:56 AM
Edited Mar 28 at 8:57 AM
okay, thanks sbf.

Yeah, once you have this issue, next time you won't have to mind again, as like you stated, i'll backup too. But now, yeah, pitty :(

edit: why complete image and backup of .db separately ? it will be in the image as well, no ?

or that's just when the .db might end up corrupt or ?
Coordinator
Mar 28 at 10:57 AM
Edited Mar 28 at 10:57 AM
Complete image is only once when installation is complete. It will have the db included but that one will be very old when you need it.
Indeed, when the db gets corrupted, you'll have a recent version available.
Mar 28 at 11:04 AM
Edited Mar 28 at 11:31 AM
ah ok, you meant backing up when preperation of sd and sbf is finished, misunderstood, thx sbf!

so apparently nothing's corrupted, though I have no clue what's wrong. So I have found my db in question, so I still have the data intact. Now I only need to rebuild the sd and then I have all up to date data again (apart from 1 or 2 days), but I think sbfspot will redownload what's missing, right ?