Support of SMA Energy Meter

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Hello,
as I haven't found the link to add something to the wishlist, I would try to post my request here. SMAspot is a great tool to read out the data of the solar converter but on the other hand for me it also be very helpful to know the current energy consumption data. Therefore I would like to ask for support to readout the current consumption values of an installed SMA Energy Meter.

Thank you for your support

Klaus
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Hi,
since we moved to codeplex aka complex there is only a read-only wishlist... not very helpful, I know

About the energy meter: the data (always 600-byte blocks) received by SMAspot is deliberately ignored. The main reason is because I don't have such a device, so it is, again, difficult to develop/test. Another reason is lack of time.
However, the most difficult part of the work (decoding the data block) is already done by someone else. You can find it here
It's in German, but I'm sure that will be no problem for you :-)

SBF
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Hi,

thank you for the reply, but does not really solve my issue :-(. I have no knowledge about programming, so even the link with the decoded data does not really help. The only thing I can offer, is to support you by testing. If you have at some day in the future solved your "lack of time" problem, I would be happy by supporting with testing or providing test data.

kind regards

Klaus
Mar 20, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Hi,

thank you for the link. I've found ther a small programm that readsout the SMA Energy Meter and provides the data as an XML file via HTTP. With this I can read out the neccessary data easily.

kind regards

Klaus
Marked as answer by SBF on 4/25/2014 at 12:08 PM
Aug 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Hi krubik and SBFspot community,

neverthless the high cost for it, SMA energy meter seems a valuable product to purchase for home automation. Is there any further development about implementation of SMa energy meter into SBFspot and/or pvoutput?

thanks and regards,
gabriele
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Yes, development is ongoing.
See this feature request for the latest updates