New Documentation

Topics: 2. Documentation
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Hi, im very new in the area of RPi and SMASpot. Please can everybody refresh the Doc to V0.6? with Version 2.4.4 and Codeplex? Many thanks
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I'm afraid there are no volunteers to update the doc. SMAspot 3.0 is almost ready to release and for this version I will review the doc, as there are a lot of major changes.
You can follow most of the 2.06 doc, and if you encounter some problems or have a question, you can come back here.
regards,
sbf
Apr 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM
ok, lets start.
i have all to Bluetooth installed. Then "Now its really time to install..." The wget URL points to googlecode.com How is the link to 2.4.4 in Codeplex? This is my problem, because i have 2 solar inverters with Bluetooth.
Regards, TBR
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Using "wget" with codeplex has some disadvantages (for me)
  • I have to provide the direct link for each release (easily forgotten and boring :-)
  • The files downloaded by the direct link aren't counted
So, when using windows, download psftp.exe here
Download the SMAspot sourcecode (SMAspot_SRC_244_Linux_Win32.tar.gz) to a folder (eg C:\TEMP)
Be sure you know the IP address of you RPi (eg 192.168.1.2)

Now open a command box, CD to your C:\TEMP folder and start psftp.exe
Enter the password for pi and put the downloaded file
C:\TEMP>psftp.exe pi@192.168.1.2
Using username "pi".
pi@192.168.1.2's password:
Remote working directory is /home/pi
psftp> put SMAspot_SRC_244_Linux_Win32.tar.gz
local:SMAspot_SRC_244_Linux_Win32.tar.gz => remote:/home/pi/SMAspot_SRC_244_Linux_Win32.tar.gz
Now your file should be copied into /home/pi folder

For Linux, you can use scp:
scp /home/sbf/SMAspot_SRC_244_Linux_Win32.tar.gz pi@192.168.1.2:/home/pi/
Hope this helps
Marked as answer by SBF on 9/16/2014 at 2:12 PM
Apr 30, 2014 at 8:35 AM
@SBF: do you want the original .doc files of the documentation I have written?

Since my installation is up and running and besides the DST problem, it's doing the work oké there is no need for me to update, although I might do that in the future when release 3.0 is ready for launch.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Hi Snowmiss,
I think you did it a long time ago... if I remember well, I was unable to open it in MS Word.
Maybe I should install LibreOffice to edit it? But please yes, you can send them to me.
Thanks
Apr 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM
SBF wrote:
Hi Snowmiss,
I think you did it a long time ago... if I remember well, I was unable to open it in MS Word.
Maybe I should install LibreOffice to edit it? But please yes, you can send them to me.
Thanks
Checked my mailbox and you're in a cc: last january ;) with .odt files

But in your mail soon is the latest .doc version
May 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Edited May 2, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Busy with rewriting the documentation
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Thanks a lot Snowmiss!
Very much appreciated!