Using SBFspot to read data from SMA Energy Meter

Topics: 3. Feature Requests
Jun 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I'm currently struggling to understand how to use SBFspot to capture data from my SMA Energy Meter. I have it all compiled and installed and getting inverter data. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Energy meter data is ignored by SBFspot. It uses another data structure which is not supported.
On this website you can find more info and some tools for getting data out of an EM.
Aug 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I've a working pice of code to read values from the energy meter, but it is not written in c++.
I could share this code, maybe someone could integrate this into sbfspot. I don't know where and how to integrate this.
Aug 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I don't particularly need it integrated into SBFspot, I just thought I understood (wrongly) that sbfspot could do it. I'd be really grateful for any code in any state! What is it written in?
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM
weiznich wrote:
I've a working pice of code to read values from the energy meter, but it is not written in c++.
I could share this code, maybe someone could integrate this into sbfspot. I don't know where and how to integrate this.
Hello,

can you share some more information on your code, i. e.
  • which language, properly PERL?
  • how can the data be used, ist it displayed as a webpage?
I would be highly interested.

Kind regards
Klaus
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM
SBF wrote:
Energy meter data is ignored by SBFspot. It uses another data structure which is not supported.
On this website you can find more info and some tools for getting data out of an EM.
Hi,

can we cane this into a feature request?

Klaus
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM
krubik wrote:
Yes, why not?
You can create an issue with following tags and a short description or link to this thread
Title=Using SBFspot to read data from SMA Energy Meter
Status=Proposed
Type=Feature

Users can vote the feature request, the more votes, the better ;-)
Aug 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Thank you, I opend this feature request.
kind regards
Klaus
-------Originalmeldung-------
Von: [email removed]
Datum: 09.08.2014 13:28:41
An: [email removed]
Betreff: Re: Using SBFspot to read data from SMA Energy Meter [SBFspot:550105]

krubik wrote:
Yes, why not?
You can create an issue with following tags and a short description or link to this thread
Title=Using SBFspot to read data from SMA Energy Meter
Status=Proposed
Type=Feature

Users can vote the feature request, the more votes, the better ;-)