Version 3.01

Topics: 2. Documentation, 5. Support
Oct 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Hello there,

I am very pleased that this initiative is continued with SBFspot. Till now i use SMAspot V2.06. I started with a new Weehzy installation but i can not get V3.01 to work at all. The available documentation is very confusing for me. For example page 3, one should make directories in /home/pi/ and that's where the tar file should go. But compiling it must be done in /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3 and the command line says /home/pi/sbfspot.3. The referring to /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/.... : occurs more then ones, but the command line is not accordingly the specified path. It is not explained what happens, so often it is confusing.

After some tries i've got it working. If you like and make a Dutch translation.
Oct 19, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I created 'new' documentation combining my original with the Quick Reference. Will be uploaded to the site when it's out of beta ;-)

This time only one version in English, it consumes to much of my free time to write it in Dutch too.
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM
cd /home/pi/sbfspot.3/SBFspot
sudo make install_sqlite

Result is in /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3

It's the same in Dutch and English ;-)
Marked as answer by SBF on 10/29/2014 at 4:27 AM
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Hi,

Just a very basic question... If I don't want to upload my data to PVoutput, what should I do to have my data updated into mysql?

Creating a an entry in crontab starting /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspot each 5 minutes?

Regards,
Vince
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM
tutu81 wrote:
Creating a an entry in crontab starting /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspot each 5 minutes?
That's correct... And don't start the uploader