Consumption Data

Topics: 1. General
Nov 2, 2014 at 9:07 PM
What hardware do I need in order to be able to upload consumption data to pvoutput.org? I've recently started using SBFspot and after sorting out an initial problem with my Inverter Date and Time (had to connect once with Sunny Explorer to set the date), everything is working great and I'm uploading every 5 minutes.

The final piece of the puzzle is how to get consumption data so I can track when to use my heavier appliances instead of "wasting" my generated electricity.

I've seen various hardware like CT Clamps and Pulse Monitors - what are other people using to track their electricity consumption?
Nov 7, 2014 at 12:55 AM
No one???

Some google'ing suggests I need a Current Code EnviR and there is another project which will run on a Raspberry Pi to get the data.

No suggests on what hardware to use with SBFSpot?
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:20 AM
SMAspot hardware support is limited to SMA inverters.
If you find HW/SW and a possibility to fill up the consumption table in SBFspot db, you can benefit of the SBFspot Uploader to send your data to PVoutput.
An SMA Energy Meter might be a rather expensive solution. Currently we are working to integrate EM and SBFspot.
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have an SMA-4000TL inverter. Do I need additional hardware to get the consumption data?

My consumption table is empty. Running SBFspot every 5 minutes.
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM
BleedingFingers wrote:
I have an SMA-4000TL inverter. Do I need additional hardware to get the consumption data?
Your inverter has no consumption data.. you need extra hardware like an SMA Energy Meter
BleedingFingers wrote:
My consumption table is empty. Running SBFspot every 5 minutes.
SBFspot does not fill the consumption table. It has to be done by another piece of software (In the future it will support SMA Energy Meter)
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Edited Nov 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM
dear,
  • an alternative to SMAenery meter is CurrentCost material (clamps etc)
    there has been a project "PVCCupload" that did combine the data from SMAspot (==actual SBFspot)
    with te data captured via EnviR
    (that project - "see google code" is suspended)
  • the main advantage of CurrentCost is that there is far less impact on your electricity installation to measure consumption info
    also the cost is lower
  • after a survey on the market most other alternatives are "industry" based solutions (at a higher price)
    they use PLC-type interfaces
  • please keep me posted if you find alternate
kr wim
Mar 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM
I've the consumption data in a excel *.csv file. How can I integrate this value at the SQlite-db ?

thx
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM
There is no import possibility. You'll need to create some script to do the job