What is the best command line switches to use for SBFSpot under Windows?

Topics: 1. General
Feb 7, 2016 at 5:07 AM
I have the following as my command line in my Windows task Manager script:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SBFspot.3\SBFspot" -v -finq -nocsv

Right now when the inverter is active, I get a message about SPFSpot having an error. PEr my windows log I get the following:

Faulting application name: SBFspot.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5601c614
Faulting module name: SBFspot.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5601c614
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00002b25
Faulting process id: 0x638c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1610013df32a2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SBFspot.3\SBFspot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SBFspot.3\SBFspot.exe
Report Id: 80bbe796-1d55-4da5-b97e-e3435674ae32
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This has been happening recently (within the last few days.

Also, how often should I launch SBFSpot?
Feb 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2016 at 2:38 PM
dear colivarez, about your two questions A="failure" B="how often"

A = failure messages by windows
can you please check the modifications that you made "the last few days" to your system
one may assume that "the failing conditions" are part of the latest changes

examples of items in question:
?A.1 the quotes (cfr your script command) should be around the complete command
?A.2 avoid the use of spaces and brackets in your path name, avoid to put the script interpreter on a wrong feet
I do recommend to use old fashion path environment like C:\SBF-prog\SBFspot.3x
?A.3 depending on your "script" it might be needed to include a call to the "script interpreter",
in my scripts i allways use the following string (paths for my setup) and only SPOT-values
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C "C:\SBF-prog\SBFspot.312\SBFspot.exe -d5 -v5 -ad0 -am0 -ae0 1>last-log-Ou.txt 2>last-log-Er.txt"
for information on script commands and switches, i recommend the site "http://ss64.com/"

B = how often and which switches ?? -- for basic usage of SBFspot with transfer of info to PV output
note: I do recommend to setup your system WITHOUT DLS (day-light-svings) - this easies the local analysis of data through a full year

consider two different commands for execution: B.1 to collect intra-day information B.2 to complete ALL day, month, events records

B.1 - execute at the 0&5 minute each 5 minutes from sunrise-time on 17may to sunset-time on 17may
SBFspot.exe -v -nocsv -am0 -ae0
rational: this collects the spot values and the daily file - that information is valid for pv-output
there is no need to get the month file or events, they only modify once a day
if the inverter is not active there is no advantage in forcing SBFspot by using the -finq switch
B.2 - exectue three times a day at 10h03m 12h03m 14h03m all year round
SBFspot.exe -v -nocsv -sp0 -ad3 -am2 -ae2
this execution will make that: ALL intra-day records, intra-month records and events are collected
note: by skipping spot-values, no additonal record is added for 10h33, 12h03n, 15h33
note: by executing this command at the 03min one avoids collision with the B.1. command

kind regards wim