This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MonthData only until day before yesterday?

Topics: 1. General
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Hi,

just installed the latest SBFspot on my PI, runs flawlessly, great - one thing I don't understand, though:

SBFspot -finq only reports data until the day before yesterday in the MonthData table or respective CSVs. Why is that? I understand it can't put today's data in until the day is actually over, but why does it skip yesterday as well? (the data is clearly available on my inverter)

Thanks!
Feb 21, 2016 at 12:11 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM
dear hiker68, as you might have seen there are "issues" with reading the monthly data

i refer to issues 130 and 115, see also discuss SQL data issue (by bartd)

most reported problems were about:
  • month-file has a PLUSone day offset read yesterday-record gets to-day DateStamp (and so on)
you do report an issue with:
  • month-file has a MINUSone day offset read yesterday-record gets day-before DateStamp (and so on)
can you provide the output logs (=debug-info) and the csv files (transfer of DB's is less easy)
  • create the output logs (debug-info) by adding to your command-line the options -ad4 -am2 -d5 -v5 and the redirect-instr
  • to redirect-output to txt-files add the "redirect-instr" to the end on the command-line: 1>debug-ou.txt 2>debug-er.txt
please check whether the resulting output files are complete,
  • in your case i assume this not be the case but, when during execution of sbfspot there is a failure,
    then the OperatingSystem does not append all info to the output logs
  • to validate this - simply execute the above a second time without redirecting the outputs
kind regards wim

note: to send your info you need to open a pivate mail channel,
click on the "williesimons" name aside -> follow instructions -> that sends a :-)invitation:-) to me
Feb 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think I need more time - I just ran the command again, this time, the CSV was updated up to yesterday - this is strange...
Feb 23, 2016 at 9:43 AM
Ok, I got it now. The effect is actually different. Basically, the CSV file is shifted by one day, i.e. today (on the 23rd) it stops at Feb 21, but the value it puts into that line is actually the total yield of Feb 22. I'll send you a PM with a dropbox link to the files as requested above. (same happens in the dumped sqlite db)
Feb 23, 2016 at 9:54 AM
It's related to this thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM
So I just read up on issue 130 - the effect seems to be the same, but my SMA inverter and my Pi are set to the same date/time. Can't check if they sync to the second (don't have two BT dongles right now).

Only thing I notice is this:

Local Time: 23/02/2016 12:02:19
TZ offset (s): 3600 - DST: Off
getInverterData(sbftest) returned an error: -1

after that it continues ok