SBFspot V3 install on a Raspberry Pi EN V1.1.pdf

Topics: 2. Documentation
Mar 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM
Hi guys!

I did a new fresh installation on a raspberry pi model B with V3.14 and the guide was very well written, everything worked but i found two little mistakes in the documentation:
  1. on page 5 the command "tar -xvf SBFspot_SRC_301_Linux_Win32.tar" should be the actual downloaded file with the file extension ".tar.gz"
    e.g. "tar -xvf SBFspot_SRC_301_Linux_Win32.tar.gz" as this filename is already used in the chapter before.
  2. on page 6, chapter "Configuration of SBFspot"
    the command "sudo nano /usr/local/sbfspot.3/SBFspot.cfg" is noted but in my understanding this should be "sudo nano /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspot.cfg" as the folder "/usr/local/sbfspot.3/" does not exist if the installation guide is followed until this point.
best regards
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Edited Mar 29, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
Documentation updated (V1.2).
Apr 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM
I used the new "SBFspot V3 install on a Raspberry Pi EN V1.2.pdf" document to do a fresh install on my Raspberry Pi. Everything worked in the end, but I noticed two things you might want to update/improve in the guide:
  1. On page 13 in the line "*/5 6-23 * * * /home/pi/scripts/SBFspot.sh > dev/null" you suggest to create a cron job that runs every 5 minutes between 06.00 and 23.00 hours. In The Netherlands for example that window starts too late to catch sunrise in summer. Can you add a remark that the span should cover the earliest sunrise and latest sunset in summer?
  2. On page 14 you explain the PVoutput Upload Settings in the UploadDaemon Config. It took me quite a while to realize that the SerialNmbrInverter_1 is the Serial number of my SMA Solar Inverter as provided when you run the hcitool scan (on page 3) or when you test SBFspot for the first time (on page 9). Similary it took me some time to realize that the SID_1 is the System Id of the system I registered on the PVOutput website, as visible in the 'Registered Systems' section on the Settings page of PVOutput. Can you provide this info a little clearer in the (explanation of the) PVoutput Upload Settings section?